Thursday, November 17, 2011

Item 7: Frumpy Jacket

This jacket is about four sizes too large and just makes me feel frumpy.



I had only kept it because I liked the pattern. Really? How good could that pattern have looked if the jacket made me look like I was a 70 year old librarian?

The reckoning:

Cost:    $5. I'm not sure about this since I bought it in high school. But I did get it at a thrift shop.

Fate: In the clothes donation bin in our apartment building.

What convinced me to let it go?  Looking bad just makes me feel bad. I deserve good things!

Total $ wasted on junk so far this year: $53.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty interesting until I saw the comment about looking like a 70 year old librarian...I've got about 3 days before I become 71..What does one do in this situation...Do I give up frumpy clothes so as not to look 80??? Just a little tongue in cheek observation. Keep on decluttering but remember some of us can't help but look 70.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :o) I was being a little tongue-in-cheek myself, actually. I really am a librarian! (who hopefully in 40 years will be seventy, frumpy or fabulous). And as someone who is terrified of every little wrinkle I get, I'm thrilled to hear that there are women in our society who aren't ashamed of their age. Part of my clutter problem is that I'm afraid to dress as what and who I really am. You're right -- as long as we're comfortable and happy, it doesn't matter if we don't match society's standards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire what you are doing actually and don't blame you for not wanting to look frumpy..There are worse things than looking 70, but there's no rush in getting there ahead of time :) Keep up the great job.

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind :o)

If you try to advertise your online business by writing a comment on this blog, please don't bother because I will delete it.