Saturday, June 18, 2016

A final post, and thanks

All good things come to an end, and I've realized it's time to close the doors on my blog.

I want to thank everyone, particularly Fairy at Organised Castle, Megyn S., EcoCatLady, Cindy at Growing Her Worth and Nicola B. for your support and readership over the years.

The motivation to write disappeared with the magic bipolar drug cocktail. My ability to write fiction as well has disappeared, but I'll take that in exchange for losing the horrible emotional swings. My readers also deserved responses to their comments, and yet I couldn't get the motivation to do that either, so I made the decision to stop writing.

But it's also something for me to celebrate. The blog was my therapy. It was about getting the house organized and decluttered (done!) and about reducing my impulse-shopping habit (much improved).

My eating disorder is largely under control. Binges only happen about once a month. I'll never be fixed, but I can live with one binge a month. That doesn't destroy my life. Neither does restriction. I can't remember the last time I counted calories. A few weeks back I was at the supermarket behind a woman who had piles of exactly four food items in her cart: rice cakes, lettuce boxes, tuna cans, and plain greek yogurt containers. Not only wasn't I triggered, but by the time I'd paid for my own groceries I'd forgotten about it completely.

That's recovery.

I've let family back into my life. A lot of cognitive behavioral therapy has helped me to forgive both of my parents, understand that they are never going to get help, and realize that I can still have them in my life for very short, controlled periods of time.

I still have a lot of hard work with the bipolar. My emotions still swing. I still have a lot to improve on and I'll always have to keep working on myself and working on not over-reacting. But for now I want to work on having fun, on learning to ice skate, on having the ED-free life that I was denied in my twenties.

Thanks to everyone for your support.

Zoe.

7 comments:

  1. Awww, that sounds like real progress to me, and I'm so happy for you. I'm sorry I haven't been around that much lately (not actually sure if you've been posting recently.) My life has been quite the emotional roller coaster of late, so I've been trying to stay focused on dealing with my "issues" - a never ending process it would seem. Anyhow, congratulations and I'm so happy that you've moved beyond the need to blog! Big Hugs - Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I'll miss your posts (selfishly!) it's great to hear what a good place you are in.
    Here's to the thirties being awesome! (I turned 30 this year and I reckon it will be much better than the 20s!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Zoe. Well done. Amazing breakthroughs. Thanks for sharing your journey and inspiring others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll definitely miss your voice! But I'm really glad that things are moving in a better direction for you. I'll be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too will miss hearing from you, but glad it's for such a good reason. Bon voyage, Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW DR IMOLOA HERBAL MEDICINE HELPED ME GET RID OF MY 3 YEARS HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS. Hello everyone my name is DONALD am from the united states i have been suffering from (HERPES) disease since 2016 and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Imoloa and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr imoloa telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Doctor assured me that i have been cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is, if you have such sickness or any other at all like hepatitis A,B,C,CANCER,HPV,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES 1 AND 2,SMALL PENIS PROBLEM ,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE SYPHILIS, WEAK ERECTION,BREAST ENLARGEMENT AND many more ....... you can email him on drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com) or whatsapp him on +2347081986098. Sir, i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever be grateful for the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My name is john Rooney am from U.S.A. I want to share a testimony of how Dr.Imoloa herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can't make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr.imoloa herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than two weeks of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have week erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. u can contact him drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com . call or whats-apps him through +2347081986098 . he is also specialize on.... GETTING YOUR VIRGINITY BACK.

    Thanks for the Enlarging my penis sir, you indeed save my marriage...I am really grateful sir.

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind :o)

If you try to advertise your online business by writing a comment on this blog, please don't bother because I will delete it.