Saturday, November 26, 2011

Apparently Best Buy isn't completely evil

Yeah, I had trouble believing that one too.

My husband is still at his mother's for the holidays and they spent yesterday cleaning out her basement (wait, why is he helping her and not me?! just kidding.) They unearthed a pile of 1980s electronics, including a VCR and some walkmans.

Then he told me they were going to Best Buy. Wait, what? I thought the idea was to get rid of stuff.

Turns out you can recycle electronics at Best Buy (for free, doesn't matter where you bought the item). Huh. More info is available on Best Buy's site. Small electronics, big ones too. Even CDs.

I never thought I'd say this, but challenge yourself this holiday to actually go to Best Buy. But only to recycle something! I'd love to see what archaic electronics we can all dig up from our closets.

I guess that's where this huge box of computer stuff is going to go...along with my collection of Celine Dion CD's from middle school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind :o)

If you try to advertise your online business by writing a comment on this blog, please don't bother because I will delete it.