Monday, July 22, 2013

It's been a long time since I did one of these...decluttered item #187!

When I started the blog it was all about decluttering my own home and figuring out how much money I was wasting on stuff I never should've bought. I haven't done this in a while and I miss it, so here goes!

My hair is poker straight. I own a flat iron that I use to curl my hair (flat iron...curling hair...yes, it works). It's the hottest iron I ever found and it's the only thing that's ever managed to give me curls that last more than 20 minutes.

Which is of course why I felt the need to run out and buy a curling iron.

I was enticed by a friend's promises of Kate Middleton curls. But it turns out that this iron doesn't get hot enough even though it goes up to 400 degrees and my curls fell in ten minutes. Back to the flat iron I go. But I tried my friend's new technique with the iron and did figure out how to do Kate Middleton's curls!. Maybe one day I'll do a tutorial :o)

The Reckoning

Item 187: A curling iron.
Fate: Gave it a way on freecycle!
Cost: $39.99
Total money spent on junk I never should've bought: $2058.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind :o)

If you try to advertise your online business by writing a comment on this blog, please don't bother because I will delete it.