Saturday, November 19, 2011

Items 10, 11, and 12: Three scarves



Our first real winter days came to D.C. this week. Okay, highs in the low 40s aren't winter days...but it is time to start getting the cold weather gear out of the closet. In the process I found five, count 'em, FIVE scarves. How many does a girl really need?

And now...The Reckoning!


Original Cost: Free. Two were gifts purchased by a family member, one was knitted by another family member.

What convinced me to get rid of them: The knitted one was so small it barely fit around my neck! (and it certainly didn't keep me warm). One of the two other scarves was for my husband...who doesn't wear scarves! And the third one...well, I had two other scarves I loved to bits and wore regularly last year. The one I gave away didn't match anything I owned.

Fate: The knitted one went in the clothes donation box in our apartment building.

The two fancy purchased scarves I gave to a friend at work who does a lot of volunteering at a halfway house in our area. She said she had two women in mind who had just moved into the house to give the scarves to. I'm thrilled!

Total $ wasted on junk so far this year: $53.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind :o)

If you try to advertise your online business by writing a comment on this blog, please don't bother because I will delete it.